11.03.2008

Mondays...Bah Humbug!

Well, since I'll be posting everyday this month (which really isn't that much of a stretch, since I post a lot any way, on account of my bossy, blog addicted hubs) I thought I'd just fill Y'all in on my fun day...Just like every other Monday...I went to swim class this morning. (Angela hasn't had her baby yet, but she is going in today, since she is almost half way dilated and leaking fluid? That's the word from her neighbor Mike.I'm lame and haven't called her in a week since I was sick and lazy!)

Then I went to my Doctors appointment. Which was bittersweet, He told me I don't have to go back to see him for a month! I go for OMT which is Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment. (No more Migraines!!!) So it started with twice a week then every week, then every other week, now once a month. (it's really worked wonders on my neck) I'm totally gonna miss Doc Hogarty though, he's a cool guy. I've been slowly teaching him all about Mormons (his nurse is in the Mt. Olive ward) and he's been helping me understand how the body works...Plus we talk books, He and I read all the same stuff... So I'll miss those sessions, but I'm sooooo glad I'm doing better. That Month of Migraines almost killed me!

After that, I went to Wendy's for lunch (on account of I'd be grocery shopping later and you totally can't go grocery shopping hungry right?!)Then I went to the Bank, which seemed to take FOREVER! Then on to BlockBuster. Where I saw me new BFF Tim. He works there and has promised to give me the Indiana Jones Poster off the window display. (hence my newest BFF) I think he thought I was a little strange when I called over there and asked him to call me when he was going to take it down. Because technically it can't be given to anyone, since it is still Blockbuster property (So said the manager)(even though they throw them away!!) But He said if I just happened to be there(he'll call me) and met him while he was taking it off the window, it can be ALL MINE!! (So yeah he rocks!)

Then on to the ever exciting Food Lion. The Commisary is closed on Mondays and it seems like we are always out of lunch meat and veggies by Monday, so I have to go to a regular store..yuk! I hate grocery shopping, It's not just the shopping, it's the deciding what to make for dinner every night...with no input from Hubs!! Plus the meals with the Elders, I like to make something new every week and I'm running out of new ideas! Blahhh!

And now, after I post this, I will be making a Persimmon pie. Our neighbor Sis. Mackey has two persimmon trees and brought us a bag full. I wasn't sure what to do with them, but she told me you can make them into a pie..just like apple (same spices) So I'm all over that! That's for when the Elders come over tomorrow.

After that, I'll probably veg out in front of the X-Box (thanks Ryan for corrupting me) And leave the cleaning of the house till tomorrow!Jon is back on Midnight shift for the next couple of weeks so it stays pretty boring around here during the day. So, that's been and is my fun Monday in a nutshell!!

2 comments:

nurselynn said...

What a Monday you had!! I am so pleased that your doctor has helped you so much (maybe you can get a job in his office??). Isn't it great to feel GOOD??!!
How did your pie turn out?
and, did you wear a costume to your swimming class last week, or were you too sick to go?

Kathryn Olsen said...

Did you already know people over there or are people over there just friendly, sounds like you are happy there. Migraines? i didn't know you get those too...they are horrible. So the doctor has helped them by working on your neck? That's GREAT! I hear you on the shopping thing! I actually like the cooking/creating part it's the solo decision part that's a drag. haha.