3.25.2009

Under Fire!

This afternoon, a strange thing happened. I was sitting in the living room, reading a book and it was nice and quiet. Until, I heard this crazy noise. I thought for sure our neighborhood was under attack, it sounded like machine gun fire!! (okay I may watch too many movies) I heard it really loud , so I got up to look out the window, but there was no one outside..nothing around. I thought I was just hearing things, so I went back to sit down and it happened again! I turned around to look outside again and still no one! So I went looking around the house, in different rooms, out different windows and that's when I saw the culprit. A Wood Pecker! He had been up on our chimney trying to peck on our antenna. That's why it sounded like machine gun fire! I caught him going after our tree in the front yard.






2 comments:

nurselynn said...

oh no! What a scary day. Good thing the Big Sgt Brown will be home soon to protect you and your house!!
Or maybe you can get a cat?
or a dog?
yeah, like that'll happen!~!
hahaha
Cute photos!

Christy said...

He doesn't look anything like Woody the Woodpecker! He's so small. I got my package today-beautiful! I love the necklace-Maury's is pretty too, but she hasn't seen it yet.