3.13.2009

Ham it up...

So the other day in swim class, my friend Angela asked me a really hard question. She said "I've been wanting to go to Ham's to get their cookie skillet dessert, do you want to come?" Um, What?! How can you ask someone who plans dinner around the dessert, over-eats because everything is just too good and literally has SUGAR and DIET COKE coursing through her veins a question like that? (in swim class no less, cuz then I can rationalize that I totally deserve it since I work out!) Needless to say, we ended up there today for lunch. (right after my follow-up appointment with the Doctor who treats my GERD..and no I didn't tell him I was about to go and over-eat AGAIN)

We got there and it was 12 and neither of us had eaten lunch yet, so we decided we should probably eat something 'good for us' before the Gorge-Fest. So if you know me, you already know what I ordered...
Cuz Bacon cheese burgers are a perfectly balance meal.. you got your meat, grain, veggies, dairy..and of course Bacon. It goes well with EVERYTHING. Angela was better, she got a salad and a wrap. Then we got down to business and ordered the cookie skillet. They take this Cast Iron skillet and make a chocolate chip cookie in the bottom of it, put two scoops of delicious vanilla bean ice cream and some whipped cream on top...the result, Yummy Goodness. (and just so you know we shared the dessert!)Sorry, I couldn't find a picture of it on their web site. It was fun to see Mattias again too, He's such a cute little munchkin. I feel a special fondness for him, he has Baby GERD..the poor guy! (and if he thinks he's got it hard now, with just milk, wait till he gets some Pizza in his tummy...holy cow! painful!)
Anyway, that's how I spent my Friday the 13th... How 'bout you guys?

2 comments:

nurselynn said...

Nice day you had. No, I'm not going to say any 'mother' type things in response to this post. I'll just leave it at 'GIVE YOURSELF THE HEALTHY EATING LECTURE'. Ha Ha. You know I love a good dessert too. Waaayyy more than I should.
In fact, here we just made our experimental dessert. It's called 'The Most Dangerous Cake Recipe'. Maybe you've seen it on the web...you mix it in a mug & bake it in the microwave. The boys loved measuring, mixing and watching it bake. Not so much loving the taste... It's called the most dangerous because you are just 5 min. away from chocolate cake any time.
Well at least it was a fun project for them to do!
Glad you had a fun lunch!

nurselynn said...

For some reason I can't get the the comment I just made to post. So I am trying this one.