4.18.2009

My name is Meredith and I'm a FaceBook addict...

Can I just start off by freely admitting that I LOVE Face Book. It's a great was to connect with old friends and keep up with relatives that live far from you. Now having said that, it's also a great way to avoid doing important things. Like cleaning the house, laundry and whatnot... My advise, set a timer and when the times up, walk away...just walk away.

What brought this Post up is three things: #1 Today I reconnected with some of my awesome friends from High School...#2 I got to chat with my wonderful sil (sister-in-law) who lives in Florida and I haven't gotten to see in a while, so we were catching up on gossip (hey Nikki!)...and #3 I thought if I talked about how cool it is then maybe more of my family members would join (Erin, Mom, Jon)

Anyway, in honor of my old friends I've found on Face Book, I went through some of my old pictures and posted some of them on my Page there. Those were some fun times and I can't believe it's been 14 years since I've seen most of them. Since some of you awesome Blog readers aren't on FB, I thought I would post some of the pictures here...





I wore this little number to church.



Mom use to help me spike my hair


Cara and Melissa K


(Mom...remember those days? You miss them too don't you?!)

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I facebook in spurts. I think I'm afraid of how it could be....

re: your pics.. i was already gone from YV when you were in spike mode. Your mom's the best!

anyhoo... I know you have been a good girl and sent your homemade items already... I am a big slacker and had much trouble deciding what but I want you to know your "item" is Finished and will be mailed next week! hope you like it. I have actually gotten one item to it's intended recipient and 2 more finished. THe other two are still in the planning stages. pathetic. I can get stuck in the decision making process sometimes and also in the "what if they dont' like it" stage... it's a problem! ;)

nurselynn said...

I can NOT believe you posted those pictures!! Totally blowing your 'adult' "mature" married woman image. Wow. Those were THE DAYS, for sure. Do I miss them...??? that's a good question. I'm not sure I could survive them again, but we came through it all intact, didn't we? And you've turned out very well so I guess it was all worth it.
I'm so glad you were able to connect with some old friends! Maybe one day I'll check out facebook...when everyone else moves onto twitter!

Kristy Hurst said...

Nothing like looking back on blasts from the past. BTW...Our blog is going private, send me your email at traviskristyhurst@yahoo.com so that we can make sure you can still view our blog. =) The Hurst Family

Anonymous said...

I get it Meredith. You KNOW how resistant I was. Now, I feel so much more connected to everyone. Seriously. It always makes my day when I log on and am able to have a simple, non-commital chat with you. I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT SO MUCH, I WANT TO MARRY IT!!! YEAH FACEBOOK. Nikki

Anonymous said...

M,
Where are you? I am missing your posts. And your mom said you were going to e-mail me something????? Looking forward to hearing from you.
NB

Da Browns said...

NB... I was going to e-mail you, but I guess I don't have your e-address. I heard you are kiddnapping my sister... Always monopolizing her time!! (thanks for taking over my job!) You girls have fun...and send me some FRY-SAUCE from Artic Circle!!