4.24.2009

Blue Angels

Today, Team Seymour and their Families got to see the preview of "Wings Over Wayne" Air Show. However,if you want to go, you have to be accompanied by your Airmen and they have to be in uniform. I've been excited about the Air Show coming to town, but have not been looking forward to the circus that it'll end up being. Then the other day, hubs came home and told me about the 'sneak peak' for families, the day before the show.....YEAH!!! So I told him "We are totally going to that" To which he replied "We'll see"...Which in Jon's language means "LIKE HELL!!"

And that's when I started my campaign. I call it the 'WE SURE AS HELL ARE GOING' campaign. Where I tell him in a wide variety of ways that we are going and there will be consequences if I don't get to go. In other words I nag and complain until he says "Okay"

I don't usually use this tactic to get what I want, simple because it doesn't really work that often.
So I figured I wouldn't be able to see the show. Then this morning while on the Bikes at the YMCA (before swim class) I discussed this matter with my friend Gerald (fellow swimmer). He suggested I go to this spot at the end of the Flight Line and watch it from there...so we planned to meet up there. But when I got there, the road was blocked off. Man was I mad! So I called Jon and woke him up (he's working the midnight shift) and said "Get up and Get dressed, cuz you're taking me to the show" and to my surprise he said "Fine"
He took me, but he wasn't all that happy about it:

Crabby Pants
But he still smiled for the camera!


All in all it was a great time. I took tons of video footage of the Jets, but can't seem to upload it yet...Jon said "You can see clips of the Blue Angels On-Line" and yeah you could, but I told him "There's nothing like the sun beating down on you, the wind in your hair, the Jets flying so close you can feel it in your chest and the ground shaking under your feet." It's an awesome experience. (stay tuned for the video) When we got home he said "Don't expect anything else out of me for awhile!" Sure whatever, we'll see!

6 comments:

nurselynn said...

Sounds like you've got that Air Force blood in your veins....! What a good hubby to take you to see the jets! Now be really nice to him as a payback. (and because he reads this....)
Wish we could have been there too!

DeAna said...

That would be really fun to go on a family day before the big air show. A lot less crowds, that's for sure. I could hear the planes early this morning practicing.

Anonymous said...

Forget the bowling alley. . . . you need to become a professional story teller/writer. I would totally buy any publication that you were a part of. Or better yet, maybe you could just start charging people to read your blog. I just came up with that. Think about it. You are the best story teller I have ever come across. When I read your blog, it really makes me miss you guys so much. Nikki

Anonymous said...

Hey M
What is your e-mail address?
NB

Da Browns said...

IMASKYWALKER@HOTMAIL.COM Gonna send me a love note?

nurselynn said...

Hey, you are getting behind on your blogging...and you haven't even started work yet. What ever will I do?? (I know, you are over on Facebook playing with all the 30-somethings) I noticed today that there are some ads on your blog, are you making some $$ from them??
Enjoy your last day of 'freedom'!