9.29.2009

The Reason

I've always had a hard time waiting for things I want. I just hate waiting! Well, tomorrow in Seminary we're talking about Blessings. Here is one of the quotes that was part of the lesson. It's by Richard G. Scott : "We see such a limited part of the eternal plan He has fashioned for each of us. Trust him, even when in eternal perspective it temporarily hurts very much. Have patience when you are asked to wait when you want immediate action. He may ask you to do things which are powerfully against your will. Exercise faith and say, 'Let Thy will be done'. Such experiences, honorably met, prepare you and condition you for yet greater blessings."
Lately I've been thinking about how Blessed we are and about how there really is a reason for everything that happens. In the time that it happens. There are many reasons for the time things come to us. Like the reason we love it here in North Carolina is because of the wonderful people we've met here. The loving Ward Family that has welcomed us with open arms. The reason I'm teaching Seminary is because...well, I'm still not sure why I'm teaching Seminary, but it is teaching me how to get up early and the importance of quality nap time. The reason Jon is Deployed is so he won't see me sooo sick right now. And the reason I'm sick right now is because I'm pregnant!
I guess it's true that good things come to those that wait. Because as you know we've been waiting a looong time for this!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap!!! Congratulations! That is awesome. Have fun getting up early for seminary and being sick. Good times. You have my permission to use my name if its a girl. I am just saying.
NB

Anonymous said...

So so so so excited for you!!! =) May the 1st trimester--sickness-- pass very quickly for you.

-Marilyn

Krissa said...

I am so happy for you. This is so exciting. At least nyou will be used to little sleep when the baby comes. Good luck with feeling sick.

nurselynn said...

I showed Grandma the blog on my iPhone while we were at lunch. At that time we saw a little lego block for the baby. Now it looks like a real baby! Am I losing my mind, or did you change it??? We are getting SO excited!!

Christy said...

Congradulations!!!!!!!!!