6.02.2009

Random things I've done while Jon's TDY...

I've been Working... Working... Working...
I've perfected my Chicken Fried Rice Recipe...
They serve Chicken Fried Rice at the Bowling Alley on Thursdays and Fridays. It's soo popular that it sells out, people have to call in their orders ahead of time if they want rice! It's crazy Good! I've been watching the cooks and I've gotten some helpful tricks on making it better.
I'm hoping to finally finish the Drawers to the Dresser I've been Re-Finishing...

I finally got my 'Prize' from Jamie...
Isn't it cool?! She made it out of bags and used jeans! Totally creative.







I've been watching movies that Hubs doesn't like...




And since the good TV shows are all over for the Season,
I've been reading lots of books...




And if any of that ever gets boring I can always just
Watch the Garden Grow...




It's good to be busy, cuz it's sooo quiet and boring around here without Hubs!!

6 comments:

nurselynn said...

Great Post! First of all, LOVE the uniform!! Second, are you going to share the rice recipe and all the hints you've learned? That looks yummy. The dresser looks like it's coming along, can you get the drawers done before Jon gets home? I just finished reading T is for Trespass--it was great, get it!
Your garden is ammmaaaaaZING! The stuff is just leaping out of the ground at you!
lucky....

nurselynn said...

The purse is so neat..is it crocheted from plastic bags?? Did she sew the pockets on? Very cute!!

Anonymous said...

That purse is so COOL!

and I LOVE the garden. I'm sad that I'm not going to be there to sample the delicious tomatoes and cucumbers! Nikki

Da Browns said...

*** Mom,I better get the drawers done..I told him I would!

*** Nikki, I'm sure we'll pickle some peppers for you again this year! And I'm going to try to can some tomatoes this year!

Jamie said...

Hey lynn,
You "knit" the plastic bags that you've cut in this super special super duper way to make it into "yarn" on a hat loom and no sewing involved. all hot glue baby!
Remember our hot glue burns ffrom girls camp???
ouch!
:)

Jamie said...

p.s.
sorry meredith.
I must have meant I promise to get my prizes out by March 31 2010...
I've actually gotten 3 done... 2 to go.