9.21.2008

Note to Self...

Remember to NEVER EVER chop up peppers with your bare hands!
(I am currently experiencing burning pain on the palms of my hands, due to having to chop up like 3 lbs of peppers from the garden. So I called Hubs for some help..Well, he said try baking soda..NOPE..Try milk..NOPE..Try vinigar..NOPE...Go online. Okay, so I went online and found some sites that all said pretty much the same thing..As well as rubbing with salt..NOPE..Or alcohol (drinking it, but it probably works, because then you're drunk!) so that I can't try. But a good one is to try Pepto-Bismal. But alas we have none!One thing they did say was "whatever you do, DON'T TOUCH OTHER BODY PARTS!"
Soo here I sit with burning hands...trying not to touch anything...going on 4 hours!Next time I'll either wear gloves or rub my hands with oil.

2 comments:

nurselynn said...

Poor You! And I doubt you are going to even enjoy eating any of those peppers (or do you cook with them?). The sacrifices we make for our honeys...Jon is Seriously So Blessed to have you!!!
PS when/how did you get the burning to stop? Did it last all night?

Da Browns said...

My hands were on FIRE for about 6 hrs..and this morning they are still stinging a little. It was the seeds I think. But yes I cook with them, I put peppers in the chili or stir fry and stuff like that. (I think I put enough in, but it seems like it's NEVER hot enough for Jon!)