5.21.2009

Gramma's Pecan Pie






Of course we had fun at the Crawfish Boil this year, but the Crawfish were NOT my favorite part. Gramma Brown's Pecan Pie was the whole reason I went!!

After we consumed large amounts of Crawfish, we sat around and visited with family. While visiting, I asked Gramma Brown if she made some of her delicious Pecan Pie and she said no. NO PIE! Wait, WHAT?! NO PIE?! Um no, no, no. That's just not right! She said she didn't realize I loved her pie soooo much. If she had known, she said she would've had some waiting. So I talked her into baking some. They all thought I was crazy for begging for pie, but if you've ever had her Pecan Pie, You would beg too. I promise!
So after taking her the the store and buying some of the ingredients that she didn't have, we went to work. Gramma did all the work, she let me do the mixing and thought I was crazy to take pictures and write down exactly every step she made. (After the last trip to gramma Brown's, I tried to make her pecan pie here at home, but it just wasn't right, so this time I was determined to get every step right)
Of course, both pies were totally eaten not to mention totally enjoyed! I think they were all glad I begged for pie.
I Love Gramma Brown!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

But no recipe... If you're going to brag about having pecan pie, I want more info! I love pecan pie. I thought as a kid it was so gross and my dad just let me think that, but now I see the method to his madness. If you have that many kids, you want to keep some things to yourself. Your crawfish boil sound fun and yummy!

Da Browns said...

I actually thought it was like a secret,passed down, recipe...But alas, Today I saw it on the back of a bottle of Karo! Only made with Granny love!