10.07.2008

Converter Box... I'll stick with my antenna!


So we got our "coupons" for two converter boxes for our home. (cuz hubs doesn't believe in paying for cable, which I'm totally fine with, until the gov takes away our rite to FREE tv!!) Anyhoo, we got the boxes and Jon hooked up the tv in the living room... He is sooo excited about all the extra channels we get (three weather channels and WB or something) I was really excited about the Super clear picture (totally looks like cable!!) Okay, I was all excited for all of like 10 minutes until the dang thing kept freaking out..It seems that if it doesn't get a signal, it just goes blank. Whereas before, it would just get a little fuzzy, but you could sometimes just listen or imagine or whatever. Well, NOT ANYMORE! Now, right at a really critical part of the show I'll be watching it will just go black. What The Heck! So I find myself shutting off the stupid box and just watching fuzzy TV. (we get fox and nbc realllllly clear, so they are the channels I watch) So I guess I'm just wondering if it's ever gonna get better? Yeah I know there's like soooo many other things that I should be focusing on, but geez I really don't watch THAT much TV, so when I do, I kinda want it to be clear. To much to ask?

1 comment:

nurselynn said...

Jerry says that with a digital you'll either get a super picture or none. Channels 2-13 are VHF, the digital is UHF, so you'll need to be sure you have the UHF (the little ones in the middle--looks like a bunch of bow ties stacked together) he thinks you probably need a long distance UHF antenna. He suggests going to Radio Shack and they can help you out. You are probably a long way from the stations, and you need to know from which direction they are sending the signals. Again, the Radio Shack near you can tell you.
If not, we will take up a collection and send you the $$ to get CABLE!! haha Jon--try to stop us! We girls need our tv programs. I don't know HOW Mer is surviving without HGTV, BRAVO, TLC, Discovery Health. yeah, baby, let's hear it for REALity tv!
Good luck.